Broker Prelicensing Admission Policy
Our real estate training academy is open to the public. We require broker prelicensing students to have a high school diploma or equivalent.
No student shall be denied admission on the basis of age, sex, race, creed, color, national origin or religious preference.
Broker Prelicensing Course
The broker prelicense course is an introductory level real estate principles and practices course with heavy emphasis on real estate brokerage law and practice. The number of class hours is 85 and the primary objectives of this course are:
(1) to provide students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to act as a licensed real estate broker in a manner that protects and serves the public interest, and
(2) to prepare students for the real estate broker license examination upon satisfactory completion of the broker prelicensing course.
Major topics addressed in this course include:
- Agency relationships and contracts
- Real property ownership and interests
- Finance basic concepts, government oversight and lending process
- Real property measurements and valuation
- Marketing regulations for both property and licensee
- Property management
- Real estate math
- North Carolina real estate license law and rules
- Other North Carolina laws and practices
- General real estate topics including basic house construction and the closing statement